Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
171 Doctors are Online

Suffering from back pain due to high uric acid. What is the treatment?

Hello sir,i have a back pain problem since 4 months & i have a 10 months told me go forx ray than i have done th is xray is he told me d3, uric acid ,vitb12 test now my d3 is 14.8 low other is normal what can i do i can not walk 7_8 minutes can not do work long can not lift my baby properly.
Asked On : Tue, 2 Apr 2013
Answers:  4 Views:  77
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Orthopaedic Surgeon 's  Response
Thanks for writing to us.
Vitamin D 3 deficiency is a common cause of back pain after a childbirth. You need to take proper supplements and avoid lifting any heavy weights or forward bending till the pain persists. You can get these prescribed from your physician.
I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you.
Dr. Praveen Tayal
Answered: Wed, 3 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement Dr. Saurabh Gupta's  Response
Feb 2014
Thanks for writing to us.
The usual treatment is rest during an attack since this may suffice. Allopurinol(Zyrolic) can help by reducing uric acid in the bood and in the affected tissue. A diet low in meat and wine is advisable. Local massage, accupuncture and counter-irritant dressing with material such as tiger balm can all help.
Wishing you good health...
Dr Saurabh Gupta.
Orthopaedic Surgeon.
Answered: Thu, 4 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful
Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement Dr. Saurabh Gupta's  Response
Feb 2014
Thanks for posting your query

Back pain is common after childbirth and during lactation. In most cases it's occurs due to deficiency of vit D3.
As your Vit D3 level is low, you need proper vit D3 supplements. You can take this after prescription of your doctor.
Avoid forward bending and heavy weight lifting.
Hope this will helps you.
Dr Saurabh Gupta
Answered: Wed, 3 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

  User's Response
thanks for asking ,,, u should take ayurvedic medicine,,, n should do panchakarma,,,kati basti n yog basti.... n take mahayograjguggulu 2 tab 3 times in a day,,,n maharasnadi kwath 2 tsf 2 times after food..... n take kokilaksha kashayam ffm arya vaidya kerala 2 tsf 2 times in aday after food....
Answered: Tue, 2 Apr 2013
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor