Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
170 Doctors are Online

Suffering from arthritis, diabetes and hypertension. Blood test revealing an overactive thyroid. Any supplement for these conditions?

i am 68 eight year old men suffering from arthritis type 2 diabetes hypertension etc. recently it has become known through routine blood test followed by thyroid iodene test that i have got ovrtactive thyroid and i am undergoing tgreatment for that raking medicine prescribed. is there any supplement useful for these conditions
Asked On : Tue, 25 Sep 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  30
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Lab Tests
Medical Topics
Internal Medicine Specialist 's  Response
Welcome to HCM

I am glad that you are taking care of health really well,as long standing diseases like Diabetes and Hypertension and Arthritis,what you have described it is hyperthyroid state detected by routine investigation or clinical finding?
If it is mild and non malignant it will be controlled by taking antithyroid drugs and keep your diabetes and BP under control.
For over active Throid other treatment option are dose of radio active Iodine and surgery,which will be decided by your treating Physician if you need any.
Diet has little role some times drugs which are used to treat heart condition may cause thyroid abnormality.
Take care
Answered: Tue, 25 Sep 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor