Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
127 Doctors are Online

Suffering from anxiety, stress and eating disorder. On pills. What to do?

im 18, i live in louisiana . i have anxiety and i used to have a eating disorder because of stress.but instead of eating my stress.i smoke it to not gain weight an stay healthy. I want to get a medical marijuana card. do you think i could if so how? also im a prescribed pills for anxiety already but i dont like the withdraws it gives me at all.
Asked On : Fri, 16 Mar 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  20
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Thanks for writing in.
You are young and you have your whole life ahead of you. Smoking tobacco or consuming marijuana is not the way to maintain a healthy weight. Exercise , atleast 50 minutes daily, will not only help you maintain your weight but also reduce your anxiety levels.
I would suggest you see a therapist, talk to a friend or someone in your family to get to the root of your problems and get rid of them forever.
Marijuana will not help and will only cause unpleasant effects on your nervous system.
Life is too good to be wasted on marijuana.
Answered: Fri, 16 Mar 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor