Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
123 Doctors are Online

Suffering from anxiety disorder. Having disturbing thoughts. Suggest

hi, I am 34 years old and suffering from serious anixity disorder that is ocd for so many years and now i have been taking medicine for atleast one and half years. In fact i have been cured up to 80% not completely. My main problem is unwanted thoughts which comes in my mind regularly and there is no break not for a single moment whenever I try to think something same and distrubing thought comes in mind and have been ruing my life toltly sick life. I have been feeling every condion which are possible in ocd such as door checking, gas checking, sexul thughts, stress, doubts, suspicians, insomnia, heart beats, sweating, unwanted thoughts and I had enclosed myself in to darkness of a room and just watching tv for hours continously
Asked On : Mon, 29 Apr 2013
Answers:  7 Views:  75
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Psychiatrist 's  Response
Thanks for choosing health care magic for posting your query.
From the description that you have mentioned, it appears very clear that you have an Obsessive Compulsive Disorder. I should mention that OCD is a difficult to cure illness and as you have said that there is 80% relief, its a big relief.
For OCD you have to be under the treatment of a good psychiatrist. The treatment options are:
1) SSRI Fluoxetine, fluvoxamine.
2) TCA- Clomipramine
3) Antipsychotic: risperidone
4) Behavioural therapy: Exposure and response prevention
5) Cognitive behavioural therapy.
Try all of them together and that will give you reliefe.
Also start doing exercise and good diet.
Hope I am able to answer your concerns.
If you have any further query, I would be glad to help you.
In future if you wish to contact me directly, you can use the below mentioned link:

Wish you good health,
Dr. Srikanth Reddy M.D.
Answered: Mon, 29 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful
Psychiatrist Dr. Sundar Gnanavel's  Response
Thanks for your query. The symptoms you are describing are classical of OCD/Obsessive Compulsive disorder that is an anxiety disorder. The treatment consists of:
1. Anti-obsessive agents like clomipramine, fluoxetine
2. Psychotherapy techniques like ERP/ Exposure and response prevention
Resistance to treatment is a common phenomenon in OCD and treatment at times is difficult. The treatment options include:
1. Augmentation with psychotherapy techniques like ERP
2. Augmentation with drugs like lithium, low dosage antipsychotics
Hence you can discuss these options with your psychiatrist. Do not lose hope. Wish you good health.
Dr Sundar
Answered: Mon, 29 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful
Psychiatrist Dr. Payman Hajiazim's  Response
Hi there, thanks for asking. Sometimes, doctors treat the unwanted thoughts by a medication from the class of D2 blockers. Thai is your main problem as you mentioned. It is resistant to the drugs usually used for the treatment of OCD. Interestingly, even the low dose of these medications can be effective for this purpose. I wish you a good health.
Answered: Mon, 29 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful
Psychiatrist Dr. Jonas Sundarakumar's  Response
Hello and welcome to Healthcare Magic. Thanks for your query.

Your symptoms are indicative of an obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD). You have mentioned that you are on treatment, but have not mentioned what medications have been tried so far.

Now, the treatment of this disorder is with medication and psychotherapy. SSRI anti-depressants are the first line medication but in cases where the response to these is poor, then other options like Clomipramine or augmenting with an anti-psychotic need to be considered. Combining medication with psychological therapies like 'thought stopping', 'exposure and response prevention (ERP), etc. can provide added benefit. So, I would advise you to discuss further treatment options with your psychiatrist.

Wish you all the best.

Dr. Jonas Sundarakumar
Consultant Psychiatrist
Answered: Mon, 29 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful
Psychiatrist Dr. Nehal Shah's  Response
Thanks for using healthcare magic.

I have gone through your available history.

In Obsessive - compulsive disorder, one has to take long term medications. you should consult your psychiatrist for management for further improvement. He may advise to go for cognitive-Behavior therapy in addition to drugs.

Meanwhile you can do stress management, yoga, meditation to control stress and anxiety.

I hope you will be fine soon.

Answered: Mon, 29 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful
Psychologist Dr. K. V. Anand's  Response
Dec 2015
Dear ritesh
welcome to health care magic.
OCD is 100% curable with mediction and Cognitive Behavioral Therapy.
Understand that thoughts are integral part of body mechanism
You cannot control them, but
definitely you can ignore them.
Involve in activities and hobbies actively which inturn ensures that you are active.
Active mind ignores inactive non productive thoughts.
Then it becomes easy to maintain self.
Dr. KV Anand
Answered: Mon, 29 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Psychiatrist Dr. Gourav Monga's  Response
Welcome to health care magic
I can understand your situation. I appreciate your effort to seek online support.

As per your details, you are probably having Resistant OCD. For this consult a psychiatrist for detailed evaluation and readjustment of the dosage or augmentation therapy. Following treatment strategies would be helpful-

1) Antidepressants like SSRIs (escitalopram, sertarline, paroxetine etc)
2) Antianxiety agents like clonazepam, lorazepam, alprazolam etc
3) Psychotherapy/ Counselling sessions
4) Relaxation techniques like yoga, meditation, deep breathing etc

Hope it helps
Good luck
Dr. Gourav Monga
Consultant Psychiatrist
Answered: Mon, 29 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor