Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
176 Doctors are Online

Suffering from anxiety. Dizziness, blackouts and blurry vision. How can this be cured without medication?

hi doctor i think i have an anxiety problem....i have had 5 blackouts in my life an it started off by me getting nervous an them i fainted ...once am standing while i start getting the feelings...i will eventually fall down...i start to get my sight gets really blurry ....i get nervous for a couple of things an i have no control over them,i blackout for only a couple of seconds an then i wake up on the ground having no memory of when i pass out its always happen when i have something very important to do like new job, exams,if am infront of an crowd i need to correct this cause they are very important things in my life please tell me what you think...If it can be solved (without drugs would be nice).....
Asked On : Thu, 4 Apr 2013
Answers:  2 Views:  33
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Psychiatrist 's  Response
Welcome to health care magic
I can understand your situation. I appreciate your effort to seek online support.

Your details points towards "syncopal attacks" which you are experiencing. These episodes could be related to stress/anxiety, but there are various other reasons responsible for these like cardiac pathology, low blood pressure etc. It occurs due to hypoperfusion of brain.
These episodes should be differentiated from seizures also.
I advise you to consult a general physician/neurologist for detailed evaluation and management.
Hope it helps
Good luck
Dr. Gourav Monga
Consultant Psychiatrist
Answered: Fri, 5 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful

3 Doctors agree with this answer

Psychiatrist Dr. Sushil Kumar Sompur's  Response
Jun 2013
Hi there ~

Thank you for sharing your concern. It is a very common problem and is called performance anxiety and in your case it has gone to the extent where your physical functioning is being affected. One way to get some relief with your problem is to approach a therapist or a counselor who is good with exposure and response prevention therapy (ERP). I am suggesting this due to your wanting to go without medications. I would also suggest that you visit with a psychiatrist since medications can help give you that edge to pull you up with some self confidence and face up with the situation that you most fear.

I hope this helps. Take care and have a lovely day !
Answered: Thu, 4 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful

2 Doctors agree with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor