Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
196 Doctors are Online

Suffering from anal fissures. No medication available, surgery prescribed. Laser surgery viable option?

Sir Greetings , i am a female 27 years old, live in xxxxxxxx, and suffering from anal fissure . There is no meditation in xxxxx except surgery.No laser treatment available here. I am feeling severe pain. I am facing such pain that i wish to die than to face this pain.Sir if you can tell any treatment of it. Also you know any laser surgery available in xxxx? because we can go in xxxx. Please help us.
Asked On : Mon, 4 Mar 2013
Answers:  3 Views:  94
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
General Surgeon 's  Response
Fissure in ano is a crack inside the anal canal.
Please drink plenty of green leafy vegetables and fresh fruits.
Take high fiber diet
Apply local ointment which contains Diltiazem or Nifedipine.
If the stools come soft and if you follow above measures,it will come down.
Laser surgery can be done in Piles ,not fissures.
Simple dilataton of anus under anesthesia will help in many patients.
Wish you speedy recovery
Answered: Mon, 4 Mar 2013
I find this answer helpful
Emergency Medicine Specialist Dr. Sheeba Stephen's  Response
Hello and welcome to Healthcare Magic. Thanks for your query.

Since you are having anal fissures which is causing pain while passing stools, its better to try medical management first. Anal fissures often heal within a few weeks if you take steps to keep your stool soft, such as increasing your intake of fiber and fluids. Taking sits bath twice a day (sitting in a tub of warm water with betadine solution) Sits baths after bowel movements provide significant symptomatic relief because they relieve some of the painful internal sphincter muscle spasm. Second-line medical therapy is intra-anal application of 0.4% nitroglycerin (NTG) also called glyceryl trinitrate, ointment directly to the internal sphincter.

If you have a chronic anal fissure that is resistant to other treatments, or if your symptoms are severe, then I recommend you to consult a surgeon for appropriate surgical management. Surgery usually involves cutting a small portion of the anal sphincter muscle to reduce spasm and pain and promote healing. Surgery has a small risk of causing incontinence. Depending on the severity of your fissure surgeons will be able to decide the surgical option and management. There are good surgical facilities available in India, so if you have the opportunity, you can consider this option also.

All the best.

Dr. Sheeba Stephen
Emergency Medicine Specialist
Answered: Mon, 4 Mar 2013
I find this answer helpful
  User's Response
Hello Sana

Welcome to H C M

Anal fissure is curable in ayurveda ,so consult ayurvedic doctor .

Till than you can take these ayurvedic medicines-

Arshkutharras 2tab 2 times in a day with water after meal.

Isabgol 1 teaspoon with milk at night.

Apply Jatyadi tel(oil) in & around the anus.

avoid spicy food.

Take hot sitz bath.

this will definitely help you.

thank you

This is a brief, free answer. In case you need an immediate, more detailed response to your question and any follow-ups you may have, please use the premium Ask a Doctor feature.
Answered: Mon, 4 Mar 2013
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor