Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
195 Doctors are Online

Suffering from anal fissure with sentinel pile

i am 19 years old man. i have my problem early from my 15's. Now it is severe to me. i decided to go for a surgery. My problem is that i face severe pain when the stool discharges from my body. Some times it also bleeding. But bleeding is not regular to me as it last happens with me at 8 months before. Local doctor suggested that i have a polype growth & mucasse formed there inside the passage of stool. I need suggession.
Tue, 12 Jun 2012
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics
General Surgeon 's  Response
You already know the detailed diagnosis, which surely must have been told to you by a proper qualified person (a doctor)!
Here goes my assessment and suggestion:
You seem to be suffering from a chronic anal fissure. Any form of conservative (i.e. non-surgical) treatment is unlikely to work at this stage; and I am sure you must have tried all sorts of them by now.
At this stage, surgery seems to be the only option left for you. Lateral internal sphincterotomy (the name of the surgical procedure) is a 'minor' operation (even if the name is slightly lengthy!) with ~ 95% of success rate. The sentinel pile can also be excised easily at the same time.
I find this answer helpful
General Surgeon Dr. Inderjeet Yadav's  Response
Hello dear
conservative treatment treatment of anal fissure is for long duration approx 2months and even after completing treatment you will have to maintain your dietary habits in proper way. Also you should avoid stress as it is supposed to be one of the cause of anal fissure
wheather you should go for surgical or medical treatment depends upon factors like if medical treatment have failed ( it means if you have completed approx 4-6 weeks medical treatment and that has failed) or your condition is very severe
regarding polyp growth you should confirm from your doctor wheather it is inside anal canal or at anal margin
I find this answer helpful
Ayurveda Specialist Dr. Ram Mani Bhandari's  Response
The mordern ALLOPHATIC system is failure these days in case of Anal fissure and piles mass. either you do surgery the chance of reoccurence is maximum...
These days Ayurvedic treatment of anorectal disease is popular and most successive in both acute and chronic case with common drugs in low degree and minor low invasive surgery called"Kshara sutra " in case of higher degree.
U can contact me for further information
I find this answer helpful
  User's Response

Use Diltiact gel ( Diltiazem 2% Gel) Sun Pharma.  Or Diltigesic gel ( Diltiazem 2% Gel) Troikaa Pharma for the application in your anal cavity..its a immediate relief possible a permanent one..  

  User's Response
Constipation is the main cause for anal fissure. has doctor advised you any surgery ? i think you can go for diet change. hey avoid spicy and junk foods. take banana daily. drink more water. i think this can help you to reduce the pain while passing stools. i have heard of piles but not sentinel piles.
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor