Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
127 Doctors are Online

Suffering from amoebaiasis, abdominal pain, persistent problem. Tried various treatments. Permanent cure?

sir i am suffering from amoebiasis . i have having abdominal pain and the problem is persistent. i have gone through various treatment the results last for a few days only. kindly suggest me the way out of this problem.
Asked On : Sun, 3 Feb 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  58
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Supposing the diagnosis of amoebiasis was the actual diagnosis, persistence of symptoms would imply maybe resistance to the antibiotics. It would be worthwhile to do a stool examination, a stool culture and sensitivity tests to detect the exact actual antibiotic needed and appropriate doses. It could also be that there is another cause bacterial or other, contributing to the pain and would be detected in the culture and sensitivity tests.
Visiting a physician for appropriate examinations would be appropriate.
Hope this helps.
Luchuo, MD.
Answered: Sun, 3 Feb 2013
I find this answer helpful

2 Doctors agree with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor