Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
199 Doctors are Online

Suffering from acute, severe mental disorder, OCD. I am depressed. What to do?

I am a man ...old man of 65 years educatged, i am suffering from acute and severe mental disroder... OCD ..obsessive compulsive disorder. If i go to a temple or if i see a pic of a god or goddess, bad thoughts abd abusive words come to my mind...i have to make obeissance again and again till such a time..that i get a good thought...bad thgoughts come to instantly and instinctively. I am much depressed...please help me.
Fri, 29 Jun 2012
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics
Sexologist 's  Response
hello dr pawate
the symptoms you are describing certainly point towards a possibility of OCD but other possibilities should also be considered. It is unusual to start getting these symptoms at 60 plus age so first - were such symptoms present since a very long time but now have become worse? and does any of your first degree relatives have similar symptoms? (OCD is highly genetic)
if really these have emerged recently, possibility of Degenerative disorders, seizure disorder or Space Occupying lesion should be kept. You should under go EEG and CT Scan Brain also
Whatever, you should consult a good psychiatrist and start appropriate treatment as delay can reduce the level of recovery
best wishes
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor