Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
133 Doctors are Online

Suffering from acne on neck, upper arms during periods. Will steimycin ointment help?

HI I am 24 years old and have been suffering from acne since i was 13 years old. For the past couple of years the acne has been confined to my neck but lately i occasionally get a few on my neck and upper arms especially during my menstrual cycle. I recently purchased steimycin ( erythromycin ointment) in my battle against acne. I would really like some advice please
Asked On : Sat, 3 Nov 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  42
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Cardiologist 's  Response
Hi friend
Welcome to Health Care Magic

This is an antibiotic - helpful to clear and prevent infection.
In severe acne, the treatment of choice is tretinoin (Retin-A). It is powerful / but also has side effects / should be taken under medical supervision (Dermatologist) / need follow up / gives excellent improvement.

Take care
Wishing speedy recovery
God bless
Good luck
Answered: Sun, 4 Nov 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor