Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
192 Doctors are Online

Suffering from acne and have sensitive skin, using sodium sulfacetamide with good relief. Any other medicines available?

Hi my daughter has sensitive skin , some rosacea (redness) and has battled acne for several years. The only thing that ever worked was sodium sulfacetamide 10% pads in a urea vehicle. About a year and a half ago, they became unavailable and her acne came back. I searched the internet and found them again last month and her acne began to disappear. Now, that company has also stopped making them. I started reseaching again and came across all these warnings about the they may lead to Stevens Johnson syndrome and other concerns. Is that why so many companies have stopped making them? Do you know where I can order the pads from or is it just too risky? YYYY@YYYY
Asked On : Sun, 24 Mar 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  52
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Dermatologist 's  Response
Welcome to healthcare magic forum.
Thank you for your query.
i understand your concern regarding your problem.
I am Dr Gaurav Patel,dermatologist and will answer your question.
Most of the company has stop producing it due to risk and other reason like cost of it.
Personally I do not know right now it is available.
You need to consult dermatologist for proper treatment.
You can contact your local chemist for it.

I hope I answered your question.
Let me know if you have further query.
Wish you speedy recovery.
Answered: Wed, 29 May 2013
I find this answer helpful

 1 user finds this helpful

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor