Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
131 Doctors are Online

Suffering from acid reflux, depression, mood swings. Severe weight loss. Need help

its about my dad...... i dont know what/how to help him. we have always been very close and able to talk to one another about everything. but, back around march of this year things started to change. He got to not feeling so well, had some test done and ect. found few small things like acid reflux . from then it got worse, we started working out and walking daily but his weight started dropping massively, so we stop. he is continueing to lose weight. has depression , bad mood swings, negative thoughts, very big trust issues. my mother and his marriage is in jepoerdy. and our realationship has really fadded.... what could b wrong?
Asked On : Mon, 20 Aug 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  119
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Psychiatrist 's  Response

Welcome to HealthcareMagic Public Forum

From your history it appear that your father need assessemnt and treatment for psychological problems and hormonal imbalance. Continue treatment for acidity.

He already has multiple stressors like poor relation with wife and you. Psychological issues may also be reason for worsening of relationship.As he is loosing weight then it is advisable to seek psychiatrist help as soon as possible.

I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you.
Wish you Good Health.

Dr. Ashish Mittal
Answered: Fri, 21 Sep 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor