Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
183 Doctors are Online

Suffering from acid pain in my upper stomach.Is it ulcer ?

hi good mornig i just want to ask if I have an ulcer,because sometimes after eating I felt heartburn and acid pain in my upper stomach.may I know what is do s and dont s and also the effective medicine??
Asked On : Tue, 26 Apr 2011
Answers:  2 Views:  97
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response

Your symptoms suggest that you may be suffering from acid reflux disease. It is unlikely that you may be having an ulcer.

Here are some simple measures may help reduce your symptoms:
Avoid spicy or fatty food, coffee, carbonated drinks
Take small meals
Avoid alcohol
Do not eat very close to bedtime
Lose weight if you are overweight
Avoid smoking
Avoid stress

If these lifestyle modifications don't help, you may need a prescription for an antacid.
Answered: Tue, 26 Apr 2011
I find this answer helpful
General & Family Physician Dr. Mohammed Tauseef's  Response
Hi Adecelle, Welcome to HealthcareMagic Forum.
Are you on any kind of Medications or Are you stressed out?. You definitely have Gastritis but Drug Induced Gastritis has to be ruled out. Kindly get yourself examined by a Physician, since the pain is more after taking food, Duodenal Ulcer has to be ruled out. You may want to take Antacids and if necessary Antibiotics. Avoid stress and Drink Plenty of water. If you are Overweight reduce your weight by regular exercises and avoid high calorie foods. Avoid hot spicy foods until the symptoms subside. You should avoid lying down immediately after having food and should go for a Brisk walk before you hit the bed. You may also want keep the head end of your Bed elevated when you sleep. Sleep adequately and eat and Sleep on time. Eat smaller, more frequent meals and drink Alcohol in moderation if at all you drink. Quit smoking.
Wish you Good Health.
Answered: Tue, 26 Apr 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor