Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
199 Doctors are Online

Suffering from a dull pain in tricep. What is wrong?

Hello there, I am suffering from a dull pain in my tricep associated with raising my right arm and usually only affects me when ive begun to relax after work. I am wondering the cause and some ways to possibly correct the issue without surgery? I have health insurance and am willing to see a doctor but i feel like im wasting there time when i go there for minor things.
Asked On : Fri, 1 Mar 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  582
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement 's  Response
Feb 2014
Welcome to the forum.
It seems that you have suffered a sprain of the triceps muscles during the workout. Such minor sprains usually take 7-10 days to resolve.
1. Give enough rest to your arm muscle. Avoid workouts and lifting weights with the arm till acute pain subsides completely.
2. Take mild pain killers like acetaminophen or ibuprofen.
3. Stronger prescription NSAIDS with muscle relaxants may help if simple analgesics do not help. You can consult your orthopedician for prescriptions.
4. Hot compresses to your arm will be useful pain relieving measure. You may apply a local analgesic gel on that area.
This should slowly subside with hot fomentation and proper relaxation.
In case, It does not subside on its own or it is associated with severe pain, and swelling around the area, it could indicate a tear of one of the muscle fibres.
In that case, you might benefit by consulting your orthopedician who can examine you , and order a MRI to know the exact cause and provide the proper treatment for it.
I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you.
You can consult me again directly through my profile
Dr Saurabh Gupta.
Answered: Sat, 2 Mar 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor