Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
196 Doctors are Online

Suffering from TB. have lost weight. Treatment? How to avoid bacteria?

Hi My Mother In Law (age 56years) is suffering from TB (IInd stage as told by the Doctor). She has lost weight. Presently she weighs just 31kgs. She also suffers from Sugar. Her condition now is that she is unable to walk without any help. 1......Sir, can you advise about her chances to fight against this? 2......My sister in law (age 28years) is with her all the time, helping her in everything. What precaution must she take to avoid getting the bacteria? 3.......Is there any Hospital in or around Chandigarh (India) where she can be got admitted indoor for treatment? Regards Rupinder 0000
Asked On : Tue, 16 Oct 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  29
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Pulmonologist 's  Response
It is very important that your Ma in Law is treated for TB with proper medication without any break in the treatment . Her diabetes needs to be controlled as otherwise it may aggravate the disease. Drug resistant TB should also be ruled out. She should also be given good nourishing diet. Your sis in law should be screened for TB and treated if she has contracted the disease and if not she should be put on prophylactic treatment with R and H for 6 months. She may use a face mask while tendind to her. You may find out about the hospitals by consulting the local health directory.
Answered: Sun, 21 Oct 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor