Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps

166 Doctors Online
Doctor Image
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 18 years

I will be looking into your question and guiding you through the process. Please write your question below.

Suffering from Spinal pain which spreads in back part of both the legs.

Hello Sir, Myself is Mrs. Anita Agarwal, resident of Lucknow (U.P.),India.My age is 48 yrs,height-4 10 and medical status is as follows: First of all I start getting pain in the back part of my body, then after 5 minutes,the pain in both the legs get started. As a result I couldn t be able to walk for more than 5 mins. THANKS.
Sat, 30 Apr 2011
Report Abuse
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions ,   ,   ,  
Lab Tests ,   ,  
Medical Topics
Physical Therapist or Physiotherapist 's  Response
welcum to health care magic
ur problem seems to be spinal stenosis or vertebral disc herniation.
first of all u go n meet an orthopedician , he will suggest u the MRI or any other diagnostic test , after right diagnosis u start physiotherapy, if its stenosis thn copnsult a neuro physician and if required thn they will refer u to neurosurgeon.
tk cr
I find this answer helpful
Pain Medicine & Palliative Care Specialist Dr. Sanjay Sharma's  Response
dear pt

as your history say you had feature of post central protrusion of disc,radiating pain to both limb,frankly speaking won.t get relieve by rest.

you should go for mri ,that will reveal disc protrusion as i am stating, will suggest you to go for permanent and non surgicaltreatment with interventional pain specialist, avoid open surgery,if disc protrusion comes.ask for radiologist specially for canal dimensions??,to rule out canal stenosis,because u cannot walk more then 5 min
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

General & Family Physician Dr. Shainaz Arif Kaware's  Response
Hi Anita;
welcome to HealthcareMagic
The pain you are describing which starts in back and is radiated or spreads to both legs can be due to Prolapse intervertebral disc(slip disc in common language).You need toconsult a Orthopaedic surgeon for examination.You may require to get a X-ray of spine or even MRI for better diagnosis.After seeing the reports he will advise the treatment you require.Till then take rest ;while walking or working you can use a Lumbar spine belt.Also you can take some pain killers and multivitamins till you get appointment with a Ortho.
Take care.
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]
Share on

Related questions you may be interested in

doctor1 MD

hallo,Am 29yrs old with a height of 166.I have this pain which start in my right lower back,then to my hips and now going down to my legs and to both legs.when i sit the pain is not there at all,when standing the pain is worse and now i cant walk for more than 5 minutes without sitting down not even standing for a while and problem when sleeping or lifting amything.It started 4 months after having my baby then I thought it was epidural and the doctors says no.Some told me I have disk location,vain inflamation ,lumbago which they claim was to go in six month naturally.they just send me to the physiotherapy which just worsen it even more and give me alvedon and diclo which never release any pain .when sent to mri after 18 months they said that it was something that they have never seen before in the whole sweden.then they did all the test including the tb and hiv which were both negative.then they did the punchture on the affected area on the back and they say that it was TB in my lower am on TH medication but walking is still like going to legs get to much numbs ,restless ,weak and so heavy until I have to sit and rest.cant go to stairs or even just a slightly hill.Will I ever get well and be able to walk again normally?.And is it true this thing was never caused but epidural?And can you have pain in the back and not in any other part of the body?because they say i dont have in the chest and that it is TB that i cant spread to any other person.

doctor1 MD

i am 47 years old have had a 3 level fusion L3-4 to S1 still have lower back pain and have a spinal cord stimulator implanted in my stomach have bad cramps in both legs now dr wants to burn nerves what else can be done for pain walk with a cane because my legs get weak

doctor1 MD

gynecologist Hi, doctor I am 29 years old female weighing around 70+ kgs with height of 5.3 inch. i have 2 children both from operations. elder one is 4 years n younger one 3.6 months old. from the past few days I m suffering from excessive white discharge which has resulted into excessive back pain. Since the delivery, swelling from the body still remains on the parts like face, legs, hands etc. After the delivery of my second child, it was the first time i had my periods which were this week only. Since the birth of my first child I am getting obese also as i m putting my weight on day by day. My periods have also become irregular. Kindly suggest me as the problem is getting worse due to which I am not able to do my regular household job

Recent questions on X ray

doctor1 MD

Hi I have a question about my Father he is 83 a couple of monthe s ago he fell and broke his neck ,he was at home with no treatment for a week and his GP just gave him painkillers for the awful pain,however as he did not improve he was fianally admitted to hospital x-rayed and diagnosed with a broken neck, and now has a collar to keep his neck stable.This has been on now for 6 weeks,he was x -rayed last week and they said it wasnt healing and he would need a CT the results of the CT were good and they now say he can have the neck brace off in 2 weeks . He was very pleased but ,is very distressed as he has suddenly become very deaf and has what he thinks are chilblains on his ear,also hes become extemely forgetful since all this happened, and has bad headaches and feels very unwell.He is seeing his GP again this week ,I wondered if you have any idea if his symptoms are connected with his broken neck ,and also can mistakes be made by a doctor when reading a ct scan ? Its very difficult for me as I live in Japan and my father in the UK, Thank you for any advice you can give me,from Shirley My father is 83 about 11stone has oestioporosis,and a history of broken bones.

doctor1 MD

Am querying current line of thinking by several consultants. Admitted to hospital May 2011; lumbar puncture showed elevated CSF protein of 1088 mg/L with 228 white cells, 95% lymphocytes. The working diagnosis was viral meningitis, and I was discharged after 2 days aciclovir. Negative for herpes simplex virus 1 and 2. Developed infection in leg early October 2011, followed by painful groin, then ulcers either side of scrotum - non painful, and diagnosed as shingles. Mid October 2011, following tinitus, buzzing , hearing different frequencies, then vertigo, admitted for 2 weeks in ID ward...CSF showed 614 white cells with 90% lymphocytosis. CSF protein raised at 1335 mg/L. Tested for everything under the sun, incl. HIV, syphillis, Lyme disease, Cat scratch fever (leg infection thought to have been through an insect bite). All negative, incl. ANA. Chest x-ray, MRI scan of brain and whole spine also negative. Admitted again 26th December 2011, aciclovir for seven days, now back home feeling well, if a little tired. Current thought is Mollarets meningitis, but more recently, rheumatology dept. thinking Behcets syndrome, as I suffer from mouth ulcers. My contention is this; I have sufferd from mouth ulcers since a teenager taking exams at school. If I have a job interview, I will get mouth ulcers after @ 48 hours. Dentist thinks stress induced, as do I. I have no aching joints and no eye irritation, also, just found out that HLAB51 negative. I am a 42 year old British male and caucasian. I can t help feeling there s a square peg being pushed into a round hole here. What about migraine; the tinitus, buzzing and vertigo? Also, I took a non-steroidal (Ibuprofen) prior to the first two episodes. Bickerstaff s encephalitis sounds just as plausible as Behcets...or am I in denial? I would appreciate any advice, even if it s to simply face the music . Thank you for your time.

doctor1 MD

please suggest diagnose

age: 31yr, height:5ft, weight: 58, There was a discharge from right ear;now doctor given antibiotics,discharge now stopped said this is cholesteatoma, but digital xray done on some others doctors advice: report is

x-ray mastoids-law,s view report:

There is e/o partial sclerosis of both mastoid air cells(L>R)

Sinus and dural plates are normal

No evidence of fracture of any bone seen

doctor1 MD

I have had this cough since january. It won't go away!! it goes and comes back. Drinking warm foods keeps it at bay but do i seriously have to carry a mug of hot water mixed with ginger around all day everyday? I stopped working out to give my body a rest. I got an x-ray and nothing showed up. I was given antibiotics because the I got a bacterial infection which is unrelated to my cough. My promary care physician gave me xopenex thinking it was workout induced asthma. It is not. It has been six months and I have lost around 10 pounds of muscle mass. I am studying for my MCAT which is in 3 weeks and I am always coughing while I study. It is very annoying and no one knows what is wrong.

doctor1 MD

I am having a frozen left shoulder kind of symptoms for last couple of months. My left shoulder doesnt rotate as smoothly as the right one. My second problem is I have constipation atleast few days a month and suffer from piles as a consequence

doctor1 MD

I have very shortness of breath will divan help this ?

doctor1 MD

I have to urinate often ..... if I stand up from sitting position or sleep position. And I empty out every time. My family Dr. thinks my bladder has fallen and there by impairing the normal muscle function that holds the urine until some normal...