Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
170 Doctors are Online

Suffering from Sleep apnea, pain in right side of his upper belly on the side area. Suggestion?

my husband has sleep apena, father died from a heart attack and he has been holding the right side of his upper belly on the side area. he is 54 and colloring to poor, ash color and I can not get him to a doctor, I am very scared for him, I feel he is a ticking time bomb plus he now has angry outbursts, which scare me to. What can I say od do to help him? Thank you,Candy
Asked On : Fri, 8 Mar 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  14
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Psychiatrist 's  Response
Hi there, thanks for asking. If you think he snores and has breathing stop episodes and eventually has an apnea, the best way to control the situation before going to a doctor is to help him not sleep on his back. There are some shirts which have some bumps on their back. They prevent the person wearing to lie on his back. You can also encourage him to lose weight. If he loses 20 to 30 pounds, it can help him not have apnea. I hope this helps him. I wish the best for your family.
Answered: Fri, 15 Mar 2013
I find this answer helpful

2 Doctors agree with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor