Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
138 Doctors are Online

Suffering from Recurrent COPD and Pneumothorax air in his lung. Why did it happen again?

My Father s details : My father is suffering from Recurrent COPD & Pneumothorax air in his lung .The Doctor s told us that he need to do to cure it through the surgery named Bullectomy . He can t breath properly that s why the Doctors did a Drain operation & set a plastic pipe into the left side of his lung & the other end of the pipe is set into bottle of half water.The doctors removing his lung s extra air by this pipe. They did this Drain operation two time with in three month.First it happened on 06/07/12 then he was fine with in 15 days & we take him to home.After 28 days it happened again that he can t breath properly.We take him again into the hospital with the Oxygen & nebolizer support.Then on 19/08/12 the doctors again did that previous operation.He is now in that hospital with that pipe setting removing extra air from his lung.I want & like to take him in India. Will you please to help & advice me where i can take him to arrange better treatment for my father? My father is so ill & i like to go to Kolkata/ Bengalore/ Chennai with in a week.Please help & inform me, in Kalkata/Bengalore/ Chennai where i can get best treatment for this diseases.Please tell me on the name of God.
Asked On : Thu, 6 Sep 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  79
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Allergist and Immunologist 's  Response
I am sorry to note the state of your father's health.
COPD is a progressive disease, and is chacterized by air trapping with formation of bullae. If they are close to the lining of the lung, sudden chest movements like forced sneezing can cause bullae to break and subsequent pneumothorax that will need urgent treatment.

He needs to go to a tertiary Chest Centre with HDU support and institutions of choice with good services will include CMC Vellore (4 hrs from Chennai), or AIIMS New Delhi.
There are other Chest Centres like VP Institute of Chest Sciences, Delhi as well. Please contact the centre and arrange an admission before taking him there.

Best Wishes.
Answered: Sun, 9 Jun 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor