Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
120 Doctors are Online

Suffering from Paralytic attack on left side, kindly help

One of my relative (age 50) is suffering from Paralytic attack on left side.He can walk with support. He can lift left hand with support from right hand. He can't speak. My question is besides other medications, "can his condition be improved with Tai Chi, the slow and gentle non-impact exercise to regain the strength and vitality in his joints muscles"??
Asked On : Mon, 19 Jul 2010
Answers:  2 Views:  264
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Physical Therapist or Physiotherapist 's  Response
Welcome to Healthcaremagic
You need to consult a Physiotherapist to get examined & for treatment. Exercises play important role here because it will regain the muscles power and strength because if patient stop the exercises it may create other deformities as well as motivation and emotional support is very important for the patient.
Wish him Good Health.
Answered: Sun, 24 Apr 2011
I find this answer helpful
General & Family Physician Dr. Siva Prasad Reddy Pesala's  Response
Dear Samant,
Thank you for choosing healthcaremagic. I would like to have more information about your relatives condition to address your question in detail. If it is a recent stroke I advise him to get physiotherapy regularly for speedy recovery. Tai Chi is nothing but another from of physiotherapy. But normal physiotherapy is proved to be beneficial in stroke cases and is being practiced for years together. So I advise your relative to get regular physiotherapy. Visit a neurophysician in your locality for detailed treatment options available to him.
Answered: Thu, 14 Apr 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor