Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
149 Doctors are Online

Suffering from PHN. History of shingles. Deep tissue pain in calf muscles, headaches. How long will this pain last?

I am experiencing PHN, AGAIN! I can t remember how many flare-ups I ve had. This one is causing me to lose sleep, night after night. I had shingles the first time, 19 years ago, one lesion , between my eyes. The next bout was several years ago and I felt as if I had a sunburn on my neck and shoulder, lower arm, scalp was tender to the touch and I had an earache for more than 6 months. Now I feel as if my skin is thick, I have deep tissue pain to burning in the muscles of my left calf , and there is a tiny lesion there that I know I ve had for at least 2 months. ALL on the left side this time and also in 2009. The primary lesion pain was in the form of excrutiating headaches...How long does this last?
Asked On : Sun, 8 Jul 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  73
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Homeopath 's  Response
Hello friend,
Thank you for posting your query through Healthcare magic.
"How long does this last ?" is the most important part of your query.
My answer is it is likely to continue till you are cured.
That means you are not yet got a curative treatment so far. The drugs you got for last 19 years till date only managed your eruptions, pains etc and not your tendency to make recurrence of your neuralgic pains.
The tendency to get recurrence of any disease is a chronic and constitutional problem. It can be cured with genetic and constitutional treatment method only.
I am a Homoeopath and so very confidently suggest you to take Homoeopathic treatment for getting cure for your PHN.
In Homoeopathy, there are 10 remedies indicated in PHN and they are: Caust., Dol., Kali chlor., Kalmia, mezerium, plan., prun., Ran.bulb., variolinum, zincum. Out of them Mezerium is the most commonly used remedy.
Which remedy is curative for you can be decided by an expert Homoeopathic physician only. Therefore you may please approach an expert Homoeopathic physician for getting your PHN cured permanently.
You can also approach me with details trough the premium follow up question facility of Healthcare magic. I can suggest your constitutional and curative remedy for you.
With Best Wishes,
Dr C. J. Varghese,
Answered: Sun, 20 Oct 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor