Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
140 Doctors are Online

Suffering from PCOS, taking Metformin. Hormonal profile shows High LH and low Prolactin. Cause for not conceiving?

hi dr..i have pcos and want to be pregnant...have bn takin metformin and evecare to help me regularise ma period,..i hv seen ma period consecutively for 3months now,i tink the evecare is helping out...i did a hormonal profile which stated my LH is high and low prolactin and that im not ovulating...iv bn trying for 2years now,im 32 and my husband is 42,although my husband does not stay with me fully,hes bn 3months on and 3months off...pls wat do i do?im trying so hard because of our downcasted..
Asked On : Sun, 10 Mar 2013
Answers:  2 Views:  38
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
OBGYN 's  Response
Thanks for writing your query to HCM,
The high level of LH, anovulation, irregular periods are all part of the PCOS syndrome.
You will need medication for ovulation induction along with metformin and evecare,and follicular study to monitor the growth of the eggs, when your husband is around.
Also, need to rule out any problem in semen analysis.
You should consult a fertility specialist.
Hope this helps you.
Dr. Mrs. Sumeet Baheti
Answered: Mon, 11 Mar 2013
I find this answer helpful
Internal Medicine Specialist Dr. Venkat Sivayogi 's  Response
Hello, welcome to hcm ,
i can understand how much you are worrying about your problem ,
As per ur details , u were having poly cystic ovary disease. In cases of PCOD , proper ovulation doesn't occur for that u were not able to conceive. In this regard I advise u to consult a infertility specialist.. These are the steps that should be followed

1. Hormonal assays mainly DHEA, thyroid profile, LH and FSH., SERUM PROLACTIN AND estrogen progesterone levels

2. Follicular study

3. If ovulation is not happening then infertility specialist will try with ovulation inducing drugs

4. Having intercourse at the time of ovulation by serial follicular study

All above should be done by a infertility see a specialist

As you have already done the hormonal tests , where LH is high indicates the problem with follicle maturation and ovulation , you consult a infertility specialist , she will do rest of the tests..

Hope this will help u a lot

This is a brief, free answer. In case you need an immediate, more detailed response to your question and any follow-ups you may have, please use the premium Ask a Doctor feature.
Answered: Mon, 11 Mar 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor