Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
181 Doctors are Online

Suffering from PCOS, less period flow, getting brownish discharge. Worried. Would i be able to get pregnant in future?

I am27 year old married girl.I m suffering from pcos.I am having late periods and flow during my periods is very less.Its been almost 1 year that i have been married.I consulted a gynecologist.she asked me to do T3, T4 and TSH test.Test results were normal as per doctor.Serum T3 was 116.00 ng/ml,Serum T4 was 7.80 µg/dl,Serum TSH was 3.0 µIU/ml.She prescribed me krimson35 tablet for 3 months.Its been 2 months that i am taking this medicine.I am getting periods regularly from past 2 months.But the flow is very very less.I am getting brownish blood discharge most of the time during periods.I am very much worried why this is happening and would i be able to get pregnant if i want to have baby.Right now i dont want to conceive.But in future if i would like to have baby would i be able to conceive.One more information i would like to give you is that i underwent kidney tumor removal operation 9 months back in may 2012 in which my right kidney is partially removed.Is there any permanent treatment of this disease.Am i on right medication?Please help..
Asked On : Tue, 5 Mar 2013
Answers:  2 Views:  64
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
OBGYN 's  Response
Welcome to HCM
The thyroid function test reports are normal. The medication given to you is correct, as you are not planning to conceive at present.
If you are overweight, you must try to reduce weight by diet and exercise.
When you will be planning for pregnancy, you will need medication for inducing ovulation.
Your renal function needs to be monitored as per the advice of nephrologist.
Hope this information is useful to you.
Dr. Mrs. Sumeet Baheti
Answered: Tue, 5 Mar 2013
I find this answer helpful

 1 user finds this helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

General & Family Physician Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta's  Response
There is no connection between kidney tumour removal and PCOS.
There is no permanent cure of PCOS.

Because there is no cure for PCOS, it needs to be managed to prevent problems. Treatment goals are based on your symptoms, whether or not you want to become pregnant, and lowering your chances of getting heart disease and diabetes. Many women will need a combination of treatments to meet these goals. Some treatments for PCOS include:
Use of birth control pills to regulate your menstrual cycles.
Use of diabetic medication like METFORMIN to reduce insulin resistance and to reduce testosterone levels.
Fertility medicines to induce ovulation but so that pregnancy can be achieved ( you would need these at the time of your wish to get pregnant )
Anti androgen medicines to reduce abnormal hair growth and clear acne.
Regular exercises to reduce your weight.It is said that even a 10% reduction in weight can result in normal periods.

There is no need to get despondent as you shall definitely get pregnant but you require a constant treatment from your doctor without loosing patience.
Carry on with the treatment as prescribed.
Answered: Tue, 5 Mar 2013
I find this answer helpful

2 Doctors agree with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor