Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
147 Doctors are Online

Suffering from PCOD and I have been taking treatment for 2 years. What else can do for getting pregnant ?

I have been married for 5 yrs no kids, suffering from PCOD problem. i have been taking treatment for 2 yrs. Have done tube test also. Both the fallopian tubes are healthy. Once i tried for IUI also but no result. what to do next for pregnancy
Asked On : Sat, 16 Jul 2011
Answers:  4 Views:  141
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
  User's Response
hii welcome to health care magic.see iui fail then last option test tube baby.but you concern your gynec doc for that.your hubbys reports normal?
Answered: Sat, 16 Jul 2011
Infertility Specialist Dr. Abhishek S. Parihar's  Response
Welcome to HealthcareMagic
Problem in PCOS is infrequent ovulation. Now you can be put on ovulation induction drugs like clomiphene or letrozole which will make you ovulate. During treatment with ovulation induction drugs you require to undergo follicular monitoring by ultrasound to know the growth of follicles and to document ovulation. Once ovulation is confirmed you can try naturally or by intrauterine insemination. Success of IUI is 15-20%. Trying once may not give u success. If other associated factors leading to infertility have been ruled out, IUI can be tried up to 6 cycles. Once all these IUI cycles fail ..then you can try higher treatments like IVF. Take care.
Answered: Sat, 16 Jul 2011
I find this answer helpful
Orthopaedic Surgeon Dr. Aashish Raghu's  Response
Welcome to Healthcare Magic

Have you been checked for ovulation problems. Clomiphene and Letrozole are drugs given to PCOD patients to stimulate ovulation if it is defective. You need to be on this treatment as advised and ovulation would set in, get scan to confirm ovulation and then have sex on the days during ovulation to conceive.
Answered: Sat, 16 Jul 2011
I find this answer helpful
General & Family Physician Dr. Anand Babu M's  Response
Hi welcome to HealthcareMagic

GIFT the gamete is directly injected into the fallopian tube and results in fertilization... ZIFT in this the fertilized zygote is transplanted in to the uterus, it will get implanted and attach to uterus easily.. do not loose hopes, keeping trying not only by above methods but by natural way also, you can conceive..
Hope I have answered your question..

Answered: Sat, 16 Jul 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor