Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
198 Doctors are Online

Suffering from PCOD. Irregular periods. On Modus tablet. Remedies to regularize menstrual cycle?

Hi, I am 27 years old and weigh 53 kgs. I am virgin . i am suffering from PCOD since last 4 years. I have irregular periods. Since last 1 year have been on medication for my periods to come. Modus 10 Mg / DB 10 Mg are the medicine that i have used in the past. i am married. Please suggest what can i do to regularize my menstrual cycle. i dont intend to get pregnant soon. Also, please tell me if these conditions will help me conceive in future?
Asked On : Sun, 27 Jan 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  52
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General & Family Physician 's  Response
PCOD is characterised by lac of ovulation, causing irregular periods.The drugs you were taking were just giving you withdrawal bleeding.For conception one needs to have a period with ovulation.
You are married & planning for pregnancy.
I would advice you to get your pelvic ultrasound scan for PCOD.
A hormonal assessment would make the picture clear for management .
PCOD can be treated medically after the investigations/ some times surgical intervention may be needed.
Wish you all the best.
Thank you.
Answered: Sun, 1 Dec 2013
I find this answer helpful

 1 user finds this helpful

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor