Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
194 Doctors are Online

Suffering from Left knee pain. Diagnosed as chondromalacia patellae, taking physiotherapy. Healing period? Alternate method?

Hi, i have been suffering from Left knee pain. When consulted a doctor and then Scan was taken as per recommended . which stats that "Chondromalacia Patellae". I have taken treatment for more than 1 month(physiotherapy, and tapping in the knee joint). Can you pls state me how long it would take for a average person . Is it a right way to wait or any other method is there?
Asked On : Wed, 1 May 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  130
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Physical Therapist or Physiotherapist 's  Response
You can continue with physiotherapy and concentrate more on strengthening exercises.
The healing period depends on many factors: Age, Weight, Current strength of the muscles around knee, bone density and smoking.
Under proper guidance you can feel a difference in your knee in around 3 more weeks.
Answered: Thu, 2 May 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor