Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
128 Doctors are Online

Suffering from Kidney stones. Permanent solutions available?

Hello Sir. I am 28 Years old male from India. for the last 3 years i have been suffering from kidney stones . There occurs severe pain once a month and i was told by the doctor after Ultrasound that there is no permanent solution to end this thing as my kidney has tendency of stone formation. besides this i was told to regular have Urispas tablet. But the pain has not reduced since then and i can feel a constant pain in the kidney. is there any solution to get relief.
Asked On : Sat, 8 Sep 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  88
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Nephrologist 's  Response
You need a comprehensive metabolic profile check up using some blood tests like calcium, uric acid, sodium and potassium and a 24 hour urine test to see for excretion of various elements like calcium, uric acid, citrate and oxalate. Underlying disorder may be picked up and you can have a permanent cure from recurrence of stones. In the meanwhile have lots of fluids to ensure a urine output of at least 3 litres per day.
Answered: Tue, 11 Sep 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor