Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
156 Doctors are Online

Suffering from Jaundice, started recovering slowly, chronic alcoholic. Can I take small amount of alcohol?

Hi Doctor , Presently I am suffering with 10 days back i came to know that i have jaundice and started treatment as my family Doctor told me to do so , presently I recovered 70 percent . I want to know that after recovering from Jaundice, If i take alcohol in limit what will be the causes or result , i am a cronic alcoholic.My email address is YYYY@YYYY Thank you Laxminarayan Petwal
Asked On : Fri, 15 Mar 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  45
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Psychiatrist 's  Response
Thanks for using healthcare magic.
I have gone through your history.

Alcohol is the most common factor to cause liver insult. So in case of jaundice, you must avoid alcohol strictly.
If you can not stop taking alcohol, take help of psychiatrist or deaddiction center.

Your doctor may advise you to go for 12 step program to stop alcohol.

Answered: Mon, 20 May 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor