Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
189 Doctors are Online

Suffering from Gout. What is the uric acid level? What is going on?

Hello Doctor, my wife is suffering from Gout right now. Actually when we tested the uric acid in her blood it was 7 mg/dl in January 2012 , but after taking the ayurvedic treatment when we last tested it was 3 mg/dl in July 2012 . But now this disease is not going 100% from her body, she is still suffering from little little pains. Can you please suggest?
Asked On : Sun, 7 Oct 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  23
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Internal Medicine Specialist 's  Response
Dear friend, welcome and thanks for entrusting your query here at HCM!
I am Dr. Prasad Akole (Critical Care Expert- and am glad to address to your query.

Gout is a painful condition due to deposition of uric acid crystals in the normal tissues- usually at the joints.
Treatment is Allopurinol taken orally under medical guidance. Pian is due to uric acid deposits irrespective of blood levels. that is why she has pain.

I am not able to tell you about ayurvedic treatment.
In allopathy, a good physician will guide you in treatment with allopurinol and supportive treatment.
Please post results of all the tests done here, so that I can advise precisely.

I hope you are fully satisfied with the guidance I gave.
I would be glad to answer any further queries.
Thank you and Good luck!
Answered: Thu, 11 Oct 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor