Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
197 Doctors are Online

Suffering from Double malaria and jaundice. Recommended dialysis. What does it lead to?

Hello Doctor, My Brother - in - law is admitted to one of the hospital in thane when he complained about the breathing problem and temprature. There we came to know that he is suffering from Double malaria and jaundice . They straight away took him to ICU and did some blood tests which showed that blood platelet count is as low as 0000 so they injected 2 bottles of platelets and on third day the count came to 0000 and today body on its own started developing platelets and today s count is 0000 which i suppose is good. But his kidney is not responding in a normal way now, in 24 hours he has passed only about 300 ml of urine. So to deal with it doctors have recommended dialysis to remove impurities. But after doing the dialysis 3 times in a week still the passage of urine is not upto the mark. I want to take a second opinion and see if the medication what is being given is on right track or not. Currently he is being treated in Titan hospital Thane. For second opinion i need your help or if you can recommend me to some specialist who can give me a second opinion. I can be reached at 0000 Thanks and Regards Sumit Sharma
Asked On : Sun, 7 Oct 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  41
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Psychiatrist 's  Response
Thanks for writing in.
I suppose your brother in law must be suffering from acute renal failure as a complication to his medical illnesses. This condition of 300 ml urine in a day is known as oliguria. Dialysis has been recommended because of raised blood urea and serum creatinine. As you have not mentioned about the drugs and any possible nephrotoxicity arising from it, its difficult to tell the exact problem.
You may seek guidance by discussing the case with a nephrologist and taking along with yourself complete treatment details and reports.

Hope this helps.
Answered: Sun, 4 Aug 2013
I find this answer helpful

 1 user finds this helpful

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor