Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
150 Doctors are Online

Suffering from Diabetes, high BP and mild heart attacks. Had massive stroke. Chances of survival?

My dad was taken to Hospital on christmas eve this year we have been told he took a massive stroke he is 76we are very concerned about his condition what are his chances of survival he has diabetas 2 and has high blood preasure and has a reasonable good heart although he has suffered 3 mild heart attacks lastchristmas after the stress of looking my mum who suffers with ms and eyndizema we are all carers and what support can we have for all concered yours truly ms joanne mccallion.
Asked On : Sun, 30 Dec 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  75
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Cardiac Surgeon 's  Response
Stroke perse may not kill a person. It depends on the severity of stroke. If its mild form don't bother. If he is conscious he will improve...its just matter of time. Strict control of BP and blood sugar is necessary.
Answered: Sat, 19 Jan 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor