Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
171 Doctors are Online

Suffering from Crohns Disease, please help

Dear Doctor , My brother (Age: 33) has been diaognised to be suffering from Crohns Disease. His blood test revealed that the Bilurubin levels are high. Doctor advised a liver function test. His SGPT test showed a reading over 105. He has a gallbladder stone 8mm in size. His full body test perfomed before he went to USA last June showed a possible Fatty Liver . Can you throw some light on what exactly the cause is based on the details I have provided... Will be highly obliged.
Asked On : Thu, 26 Aug 2010
Answers:  2 Views:  286
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics
  User's Response
To add to my earlier query, Mantoux test was negative and TB is ruled out. Colonoscopy was done and there were a few ulcers right from the Large intestine to the Rectal regions. The report suggested possibility of Crohn's. But was not very clonclusive. Malignancy also ruled out... Will be highly obliged if a Specialist Doctor can answer my Query....pls. :=(
Answered: Thu, 26 Aug 2010
  User's Response
hi Guru,
i am dr christy specialist in ayurveda from my experience in treating Crohns patients
i will ask some clarification
1-whether he is loosing weight and now hw much is he?
2-whether bleeding per rectum is there?
3-whether he is having a habit of going toilet as soon as having food with undigested food particles?
4-how is his condition now
send answers of these
Answered: Fri, 20 May 2011
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor