Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
158 Doctors are Online

Suffering from Asthma, taking Asthalin inhaler. Right dosage to take this?

Dear sir, I have problem of ASTHMA since last 8 year, & from starting I am taking ASTHALIN inhaler without advice of doctor s. Same Problem was to my Father and he advice me for that. Since last 15 day s I am taking inhaler after every 10 to 20 minutes. Now it has been come in my habit. Kindly advice can it be dangerous for me....
Asked On : Thu, 21 Mar 2013
Answers:  2 Views:  53
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Pulmonologist 's  Response

Asthalin inhaler containing salbutamol is only a reliever medicine. It can give you temporary relief but it will not decrease your asthma.
As you were not taking proper treatment your asthma has progressed. Treatment of asthma should include preventer inhalers that will reduce the inflammation in your windpipes.
If there has been a recent increase in need for asthalin inhaler , probably there is infection of lungs, nose or throat.
You should see a doctor nearby.
Discuss with your doctor regarding starting preventer inhalers.
Also dont think it that asthalin inhaler is habit forming. Habit forming subastances ( tobacco , tea , coffee ) reach your brain and stimulate it , while your inhaler will reach your lungs not your brain
Answered: Sun, 24 Mar 2013
I find this answer helpful
General & Family Physician Dr. Mukesh Kumar's  Response
asthalin inhaler is a broncho dilator. it is very effective during acute attacks , but for maintenance you need to take steroid inhaler and long acting broncho dilator. first of all you need to go to pulmologist and get lung function test done ,since you have not taken treatment properly some permanent changes in lung might have happened.
now about your recent increase in breathlessness ,there may be lung infection which has increased your symptoms you need to doctor and he will give you antibiotics to clear out infection.

also if you have family history of allergy then get a skin prick test done by immunologist then you will know what your allergic to and take immunotherapy for those allergens, it will surly reduce your symptoms if you are positive.
thank you
Answered: Mon, 25 Mar 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor