Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
155 Doctors are Online

Suffering from Arthrogryposis Multiplex Congenita. Suggest a good doctor in India?

Can you suggest a good Doctor in India for a patient 12year old suffering from Arthrogryposis multiplex congenita. My email id is YYYY@YYYY Thanks, Pardeep Verma Dr. Pardeep Verma, Zira, Punjab
Asked On : Fri, 21 Dec 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  97
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Pediatrician 's  Response
Thanks for placing your query here.
I can appreciate your concerns.
While there is no reversal of this condition, individual quality of life can be greatly improved.
As each person will respond differently, and will have different needs, a combination of therapies is beneficial.
Physical therapy including stretching, strengthening, and mobility training are often provided to improve flexion and range of motion to increase mobility. Occupational therapy (may also include casting, splinting of affected joints) can include training in ADL (activities of daily life) and fine motor skills as well as addressing psychosocial and emotional implications of living with a disability.
Individually tailored orthopaedic correction is often beneficial.
In summary the management is multi disciplinary & a good hospital in north india is SIR GANGARAM HOSPITAL,NEW DELHI.
Hope I have answered your query.
If you have any further questions I will be happy to help.
Wish him speedy recovery.
Answered: Sat, 10 Aug 2013
I find this answer helpful

 1 user finds this helpful

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor