Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
141 Doctors are Online

Suffering from Angiomyolipoma

Hi, i am a female of 41 years and the doctors have recently confirmed that i have an Angiomyolipoma after a CT scan with contrast of 4 cms near the crown in right kidney and around 1.5 cms in left. I am experiencing pain in my back which is at the moment mild to moderate, any suggestions, thanks
Asked On : Fri, 4 Feb 2011
Answers:  2 Views:  329
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General & Family Physician 's  Response

Welcome to HCM.
Angiomyolipoma are benign tumors. You do not have to worry at all. The back pain may not be related to this condition.
Very rarely it may be associated with Lymphangioleiomyomatosis, which is a condition that affects lungs causing difficulty in breathing, and is usually seen in females of child bearing age.
It is extremely unlikely that you may have that condition.
Maintain a positive attitude and enjoy life to the fullest.
Wish you best of every thing.
Answered: Tue, 16 Aug 2011
I find this answer helpful
General & Family Physician Dr. Radhika Thyagaraju's  Response

Lesions were classified as small if less than 4 cm
Small asymptomatic lesions of less than 4 cm is usually stable.
Medium-sized lesions (4-8 cm) have the most variable behavior.

since you have pain , i would advise you to consult a physician and re evaluate your condition for the same.

i hope i have answered your query.

take care
Answered: Tue, 16 Aug 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor