Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
180 Doctors are Online

Suffering from ADHD, low blood sugar. Lack of appetite. Swearing episodes, angry outbursts and self destructive behavior. What is the treatment?

Hi, I am a mental health professional but even that doesn t help me. I have ADHD and don t want to be on medicine because it can affect appetite and I already struggle to eat enough (just due to not being hungry, having the bad habit of using work as an excuse, etc.). I know the low blood sugar greatly affects my mood, so stepping up my eating can help. But honestly, typical anger management strategies don t help because of the impulsivity. My main issue is that when I m stressed at work I can t stop the repeated swearing outbursts and self-destructive behavior that feeds itself. I need to know how to handle things better. Focusing isn t an issue anymore as I ve learned to adapt. It s the anger and frustration and feeling overwhelmed I don t know how to deal with. I ve read books, used my own knowledge, etc. I saw a counselor (can t afford to now) I liked but to no avail. They can only give you so many strategies, I know that, the rest is up to you. But I can t seem to control my brain. I know ADHD is a defect in dopamine D4. How do I overcome a brain problem and all the anger, etc., that goes with it?
Asked On : Mon, 6 Aug 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  54
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Psychiatrist 's  Response

Welcome to HealthcareMagic Public Forum

You are a mental health professional, do not want counseling or medicine and want to improve. In this situation, first, you should be non judge-mental for your treatment. Because you can not improve without intervention for such problems as you are wishing here.

In my view medicines will help you greatly with counseling. So, meet psychiatrist and continue following anger management techniques.

If problem is prolonged or severe and leading to frequent interpersonal problems, then for assessment and treatment, you can visit specialist like psychiatrist or psychologist.

I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you.
Wish you Good Health.

Dr. Ashish Mittal
Answered: Sat, 29 Sep 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor