Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
134 Doctors are Online

Suffering frm oestoporosis severe anemia. What should be done ?

My mother's HB count is 6.1 . She is suffering frm oestoporosis severe anemia .Her HB is not incresing . It was intially 4.1 . After Blood transfusion in May 2010 , it was 8. Aftewards it started dercreasing . She is taking irin folic acid tablets , dates . Pls suggest wht should be done ?
Asked On : Fri, 24 Sep 2010
Answers:  1 Views:  140
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics
Nephrologist 's  Response
Thanks for the query

It would have helped me better if u had told your mom's age and was any investigation done to know where she is bleeding from
Hb less than 7 calls for blood transfusion so technically eventhough your mom's hb has increased she still needs atleast 2 more pints of blood
Have a healthy living
Answered: Mon, 29 Aug 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor