Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
188 Doctors are Online

Suffering form adenoids ?

My daughter age 5 y 9 mon, facing adenoids (Test report saying Abnormal soft tissue shadow seen in the posterior nasopharyngeal wall encroaching the air way passage) our doctor said need operations. Do you suggest me what can i do?
Asked On : Thu, 3 Feb 2011
Answers:  2 Views:  236
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Lab Tests
Medical Topics
ENT Specialist 's  Response
You may upload the X-Ray image onto any free file sharing site such as by scanning it or uploading the image directly if it was a digital X-Ray and post a link here. Depending upon the degree of obstruction, she may require to be operated. If you wish to avoid the operation, she may require a trial with medication as the adenoids are usually enlarged in all children between the ages of 3 and 7. They usually regress after 7-8 years of age.
Answered: Sat, 5 Feb 2011
I find this answer helpful
ENT Specialist Dr. Naveen Kumar's  Response
Hi Ahsan,

If the air way is very much compromised better go ahead and get the surgery done or else the child may have complications due to the obstruction.

Dr. Naveen Kumar
Answered: Thu, 3 Feb 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor