Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
150 Doctors are Online

Suffering form ADD.What should I do ?

a family friend thinks i have a case or mild case of ADD I am 22 years old and i have a family friend who has a son with ADHD and she thinks i might have a case or mild case of ADD what should i do ?
Asked On : Wed, 16 Mar 2011
Answers:  4 Views:  280
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hello, welcome to HCM. The characteristic features of ADD/ADHD are inattention, hyperactivity, and impulsivity are the key behaviors of ADHD. You must not get concerned by saying of your friend. You must visit a psychiatrist to get yourself evaluated and only after that you should think anything about it further. Wish you good health.
Answered: Thu, 1 Sep 2011
I find this answer helpful
  User's Response
Welcome To Health Care Magic.
ADD OR Attention Deficit Disorder is mainly charecterised by inattention, easy distractibility, disorganization,forgetfullness,lethargy-fatigue,sluggishness,drowsiness and day dreaming.
First of all i would like to ask you is this the case with you?Are you making careless mistakes,have difficulty in concentrating,find organizing your work difficult.Than its better to go to a neurologist than relying on your friends words and coming to any conclusions.
Some medications along with behavioural theraphy will prove helpful.but a doctor first.
Take care.
Answered: Thu, 4 Aug 2011
Orthopaedic Surgeon Dr. Aashish Raghu's  Response
Welcome to Healthcare Magic
If you feel that you have ADHD it is best you consult a Psychiatrist as you first need to be diagnosed with ADHD before any treatment or intervention can be given. If you are diagnosd of having it, you may require certain medication to keep you alert. There are many other approaches in treatment as well which you should best discuss with your Psychiatrist.
Answered: Fri, 26 Aug 2011
I find this answer helpful
  User's Response
welcome to hcm,
IT is better to advice you to get all your pathological test under the advice of medical man.and use medication under his/her does seem to give advice remotely without medical investigation
dr mohsin madni
Answered: Tue, 30 Aug 2011
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor