Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
182 Doctors are Online

Suffered from kidney infection. Having burning sensation, blood in urine, pain above pubic bone. Could it be STD?

i am currently suffering with passing blood when i urinate, it also burns and i get a pain just above my pubic bone, and i get it every time i try to hold my urine in. i have seen the doctor nearly every week for the past 4 months and have suffered numerous kidney infections yet they can not seem to find the problem and no antibiotics have helped, i am currently on a waiting list to have my kidneys scanned which could take up to 6 months. the doctor mentioned it could be an STD but that is impossible as i am not yet sexually active.
Wed, 9 Oct 2013
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Urologist 's  Response
Jul 2016
Thanks for your query.Based on the facts that you have posted it appears that you have hematuria,burning urination since last four months and have been prescribed antibiotics with no satisfactory results.
Hematuria can be due to other causes like stone in urinary system or tumour in urinary system and needs to be investigated in detail by doing following tests.
1) Urine culture
2) Ultrasound scanning
3) I.V.P.(Intravenous Pyelography.
4) C.T.scan of the urinary system.
5) Endoscopic examination of bladder .chronic UTI .
Please try to get the appointment earlier with Urologist and follow his advice for further treatment.
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor