Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
170 Doctors are Online

Suffered from TB in small intestine in the past. Is it possible to conceive in future?

hello!! i m of age 23 and my height is 5 4 and my weigh is 40kg.. i want to tell u that at the age of 21 i had suffered from TB got glands in small intestine and had got water in lower abdomen ,but i gone through my doct,and had cured from that disease at the correct time and now i m healthy..i want to know that i m getting married so could i be able to conceive after curing from disease?
Asked On : Mon, 28 Jan 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  38
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
OBGYN 's  Response
Yes you can concieve even though you suffered from intestinal TB and now that it is cured there should not be a problem. There might be difficulty in concieving because of the altered anatomy due to fibrosis and adhesions caused by TB in the abdomen,so might need help in concieving in the form of follicular study so that you can know when exactly you ovulate so that you can time your relationship,otherwise there should not be much of a problem.
Answered: Wed, 30 Jan 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor