Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
162 Doctors are Online

Suffered chronic ear infections, scan shows missing mastoid on right side. Ear drum punctured for drainage. Permanent solution ?

I had chronic ear infections as a child. But, rarely in the last 40 years have I had an infection. Last February I began having ear pain. A scan showed that I have a missing mastoid on the right side. I have had four rounds of Ciprodex in the last year, steroid treatment and had my ear drum punctured for drainage. Is their a permanent solution to this problem? I am in a rural area and beginning to lose hope that I can be treated here.
Asked On : Sat, 23 Feb 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  42
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response
In your child hood probably you had mastiodectomy on the right side for CSOM..
Now you have recurring complaint..
See your ENT surgeon, probably you need surgical management now also..since you have taken 4 cycles of antibiotics..
all the very best..
Answered: Fri, 16 Aug 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor