Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
177 Doctors are Online

Suffered an electric shock. Had tingling sensation in arms, chest, neck, vomiting. Done ECG. Still feeling bloated, tingling sensation nausea. Cure?

Today I was shocked/electrocuted by a 220v while plugging in a C- arm at a hospital. I was not knocked down to my feet , but It was a severe shock that traveled from my right arm across my chest and out of my left arm. This took place at 11:00 am today. I was treated in the ER. I had tingling in both extremities and my chest my neck and on my lt. side of face. I was also vomiting . I wet my pants. I was given meds to controll my vomiting. I did have an EKG and was told it was normal. After a few hours I was discharged. It is now 7:30 pm and all my muscles are tingling and hurting I am still have nausea and my abdomen is bloated. Will this subside or what do I need to do?
Asked On : Mon, 11 Jun 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  296
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Psychiatrist 's  Response
Thanks for writing in.

Electric burn injury can affect the muscles. It can cause lysis of the muscle proteins and minimal muscle injury. It is important to check the urine output in you for next few days. Also please take enough of fluids and good healthy food. Check each part of your body for any sign of burn injury. Please consult your doctor if you find any. Vomiting could be due to acute stress reaction.

hope this helps
Answered: Fri, 25 Oct 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor