Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
191 Doctors are Online

Suffered a stroke. Blood clot in cerebellum. On BP medication. Is it possible to cure the blood clot without surgery?

Dear dr. Keerthi, My mother is now suffering a stroke . She is 48 years old. last October 2012 she had attacked by blot clot in her cerebellum . She didn t undergone a surgery but continuous in taking her medicine for blood pressure and for the blot clot. Until now she feel that her head is still heavy. I would like to ask if even without surgery, is it possible to get rid the blood clot on her cerebellum? We are lack of financial that s why we re not deciding for a surgery. I really need an advice. Your response will be highly appreciated. Dear Dr. Keerthi, Sorry for the mail, I thought the site is free and free to ask for a help. I can t afford to pay for this. I just really need a help for my mother. Thank you.
Asked On : Tue, 8 Jan 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  123
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Neurologist 's  Response
I sympathize with you and assure you that I will try to answer all your queries best to my abilities

The blood clot that had happened before has caused the damage to cerebellum of your mother. Now there is no point in surgery. What you need to ensure is that sHe takes her regular blood thinning medicines. The damage to brain tissue occurs very fast and it has some amount if irreversible damage which would remain even if clot is totally dissolved. So there is no point of thinking about surgery.
Answered: Mon, 11 Feb 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor