Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
187 Doctors are Online

Suffered a knee injury while skiing. Suggest a bones specialist for treatment?

HI, I need to see a physician, i just got my knee injured while doing ski. could you please refer a nice doctor who is specialist in bones ans neurology or could youplease give me doctor office phone that i can take appointment today and see doctor today.
Asked On : Fri, 15 Feb 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  17
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hello, thanks for using HCM,
Knee injuries like all joint injuries are dreaded injuries because the underlying joint is exposed to complications such as loss of function, infectious and log term degenerative complications. Knee injuries could involve the ligaments or bones ( in which case there is immediate swelling and severe pain) or meniscus ( usually with delayed swelling and pains while climbing up) or injury to patella which prevents bending of knee with pains while descending.
Knee injuries with severe pains or with deformity or with rapid tumefaction or with loss of sensation below the knee or with a wound should prompt a consultation for a proper evaluation.
As concerns getting a bone specialist, you could look up here at Health Care Magic for an orthopedic surgeon an book for an appointment or consult one at your locality. A better appraisal of the degree and nature of the knee injury can only be done after physical examination by a physician.
Best regards
Answered: Sat, 16 Feb 2013
I find this answer helpful

4 Doctors agree with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor