Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
192 Doctors are Online

Suffered a head injury, having frequent headaches, loss of concentration. Treatment options?

hi. i fainted about two weeks ago, and banged my head on the wall when i dropped. I didnt feel it until a little whilst afterwards. The headaches keot going on for a week afterwards. Yesterday I was messing around, and smacked my head on the corner of a table. a bump had came up, and I still keep suffering from bad headaches, which is lacking me to concentrate.
Asked On : Sat, 30 Mar 2013
Answers:  2 Views:  24
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hi Jenny, thanks for asking in Healthcare Magic,
You have suffered a concussion Immediate CT scan, X-Ray skull and MRI are needed to rule out
1. skull fracture.
2. chronic sub dural haematoma. Your headache may be due to this.
Headaches following a fall is not a good sign and needs to be attended quickly. This accompanied by other symptoms like lack of concentration are the warning signs and should not be taken lightly. Head injuries should be reported within 24 hours for early diagnosis and better treatment.
But first, what was the reason for the fainting attack? Your fainting attack could have been due to undiagnosed high blood pressure, heart problems , uncontrolled Diabetes or other causes. These conditions needs to be ruled out through appropriate investigations.
So consult your physician immediately for further management.
Regards and hope I have answered your query.
Answered: Sun, 31 Mar 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Critical Care Specialist Dr. Sadiq Mughal's  Response
Hi thanks for your question.
Headache persistent for 2 weeks after a head injury should not be taken lightly.Rush to ER,get your CT scan head done to rule out any internal bleed or a clot.Treatment depends upon the report of CT scan.
Hope this answers your question
Answered: Sun, 31 Mar 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor