Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
134 Doctors are Online

Suffered a blunt trauma, below elbow. Fluid under skin. Should I see a physician to get it drained?

Approximately 2 weeks ago I suffered a blunt trauma on my right arm , just below the elbow , in a bicycle accident. The abrasions on my arm and wrist are mostly healed (still some minor scabs and scarring). However, there appears to be a fluid under the skin (feels like a tea-bag full) below the elbow. There is no visible bruising or discoloration, and there is no pain unless I press down on the fluid (like when I place my arm on a table). Should I see a physician to get it drained, or will it dissipate on its own?
Asked On : Wed, 29 Aug 2012
Answers:  2 Views:  211
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Critical Care Specialist 's  Response
Hi Dear you had a trauma 2 weeks ago,with bicycle resulting in abrasion to your arm and wrist and now you complain of some fluid under your skin,dear this is haemotama (collection of blood) under your skin caused by trauma and it is getting orginsed with time,it can get resolved of itself ,but if got infected it can produce pus ,so better to get it drained by an orthopedician (bone and joint specialist)
Answered: Wed, 29 Aug 2012
I find this answer helpful
Internal Medicine Specialist Dr. Mayank Bhargava's  Response
Jan 2013
Thanks for posting your query.
Is there any restriction in joint movement?
There may be possibility of bursitis with fluid collection or organized pus collections.
You should consult with surgeon and orthopedic surgeon and get surgical treatment if needed.
You should also go medical treatment if condition is treatable with medicines only.
Take care,
Dr. Mayank Bhargava
Answered: Wed, 29 Aug 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor