Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
174 Doctors are Online

Suffer from vomiting blood and abdominal pain. Diagnosed with stomach ulcers. Have GERD. Concerned

I have been throwing up for 2 years. I was diagnosed with stomach ulcers, but never given an endoscopy to verify this, and I have continued to have abdominal pain and vomiting. I have been through several 2 month rounds of Dexilant, and have been able to tell no difference. Last night, I started throwing up blood. This is the first time I've done this, so I went to the emergency room. They told me I had GERD and sent me home with a nausea rx. I have an appointment with a GI dr soon. What questions should i be asking to get to the bottom of this?
Asked On : Fri, 12 Apr 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  28
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
ENT Specialist 's  Response

You should undergo an endoscopy. Now that you have been referred to a gastroenterologist, he will probably do the endoscopy. Please give a complete and detailed history of your condition. He should be also taking biopsies if required and if he finds something strange. You could ask him if he is going to do an endoscopy and also take biopsies. You could also ask for a recording of the procedure and pictures of the inside of your stomach along with your

Answered: Tue, 21 May 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor