Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
145 Doctors are Online

Suffer from severe pain due to lump on the hand. Have joint problem. Can you help?

My nani is suffering from a severe pain due to swelled hard lump of mass in her left hand.Many years before she was operated for angiography at fortis hospital,chandigarh.But after visiting for some years she didn't continue to go for regular check ups.Now after many years this problem is arising with joint pains .Please help me out.her age is between 55 to 60.
Asked On : Wed, 17 Apr 2013
Answers:  2 Views:  27
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hello dear hope you and your nani are fine,,,,,,,,, Dear old age iz itself a challenge ,,,lump in hand nd specially in finger with restricted motility and pain in other joints also points to osteoarthritis ,,,,if it is in finger joints it is heberden or osslers node ,,,these two are particular signs of osteoarthritis,,,take ur nani to some medical specialist she need to be examined in detail ,,get her blood counts done ,uric acid levels Are also important ,,,,yes other sign of osteoarthritis is migratory pain men pain starts in one joint and moves to other take care stay blessed
Answered: Wed, 17 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful
Cardiologist Dr. Anantharamakrishnan's  Response
Hi friend,
Welcome to Health Care Magic

Which part of the hand?
What is its character, colour, mobility...?
Any lump should be examined by a surgeon / may need excision biopsy

Take care
Wishing speedy recovery
God bless
Good luck
Answered: Thu, 18 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor