Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
195 Doctors are Online

Suffer from sever dry skin with redness and itching. Have burning sensation. What should be the treatment?

Dear sir, Im having dry skin along with redness and itching, and also my scales are often peeling off. I am undergoing treatment for this for the past one year, but there is no improvement in my skin. Whenever I am exposed to sun or heat my skin swells and becomes reddish, water ushes from it.later it becomes dry and my skin change into brown colour.burning sensation is also there.what treatment should i have to undergo?kindly send me a favourable reply
Asked On : Fri, 22 Mar 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  35
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Dermatologist 's  Response
you havent mentioned your age and what kind of treatment you are at present taking.The condition either seems to be atopic dermatitis or will be better you undergo for a skin biopsy, since it will help making correct diagnosis.Till then,avoid harsh soaps ,use luke warm water ,apply plenty of emollient after bath,try to use loose cotton clothes.once your with your biopsy done and correct diagnosis made your proper line of treatment will be started.
Answered: Fri, 22 Mar 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor