Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
180 Doctors are Online

Suffer from numb feet. Have tobacco addiction. Need to get checked?

I am Ankit. My father was suffering with Numb feet from past 3 years(with age of 60-65 years and he is doing the field work as a farmer(in the cotton, Chilli crops).). I have taken him to 10 hospitals till now but the problem was still looks same. We tested that he does not have diabetes or BP. He smokes tobocco.
Can you please help me to know some best precautions to get relief from Numb Feet as well as refer the best hospital to visit.
Thanks a lot in Advance!!!!

Asked On : Fri, 12 Apr 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  11
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Orthopaedic Surgeon 's  Response
Hello, your father is suffering from peripheral neuropathy and the tobacco can be a reason behind it. But most importantly you have to take care of his feet as they don't have any sensation. Any sort of injury is to be avoided with proper footwear and foot care. Special shoes are also available for precaution. Convince him to avoid tobacco. He can be started on methycobalamine tablet 1500mcg + pyridoxine 100 mg tablets. Results are not very bad if take care of feet. Thank you
Answered: Sat, 13 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor